Saturday, February 11, 2012

Evening walk and open water

11:20pm Saturday, 2/11/2012
22°F



Today was my second to last full day down here! I can't believe it. These last two months have really flown by. I took some photos on a walk last night and I took some photos in the lab yesterday, all which I would like to post during the next ~48 hours before I leave Antarctica. Since it's so late, I think I shall just post a few photos from my walk last night. These were taken between about 7:30 and 8pm.

The N.B. Palmer getting fuel in McMurdo
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathaniel_B._Palmer_(icebreaker))

Looking south (or southwest) from the shores of McMurdo. That is Kathy, my
co-worker. Look at her long shadow!

The beach of McMurdo! I felt the water. It was rather cold. Too bad I forgot to
pack a swimsuit....  

Looking north from the shoreline in front of McMurdo. The hill in the center of the
photo is where we walked to and on the way to that hill is where the first photo
in this post is taken from

No comments:

Post a Comment